Tue, October 29, 2019
DETROIT — General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today reported solid third-quarter earnings, driven by the performance of North America and significant progress on transformational cost initiatives, partially offset by the impact of the work stoppage in the U.S.
Third-quarter 2019 results:
- EPS-diluted of $1.60 and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $1.72, reduced by $(0.52) from UAW strike impact, and $(0.15) from Lyft and PSA revaluations.
- Income of $2.3 billion, and revenue of $35.5 billion.
- GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $3.0 billion.
- Net strike impact to GMNA EBIT-adj. was $(1.0) billion, including $0.3 billion of favorable timing items.
- North America EBIT-adj. margin of 10.8 percent driven by full-size trucks and record crossover sales.
- GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $0.7 billion.
Investor analyst conference call
GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra and Chief Financial Officer Dhivya Suryadevara will host a conference call for investor analysts at 10 a.m. ET today to discuss third-quarter results. Introductory remarks will be followed by a question-and-answer session for analysts.
Journalists who wish to listen to the call may dial in using the following numbers:
United States: 1-888-808-8618
Name of Call: GM Earnings Call
General Motors (NYSE:GM) is committed to delivering safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. General Motors, its subsidiaries and its joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Cadillac, Chevrolet, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety and security services, Maven, its personal mobility brand, and Cruise, its autonomous vehicle company, can be found at http://www.gm.com.
GM Finance Communications
GM Investor Relations